Monday, 17 October 2016

Selfriges

 Selfridges flag ship store in London, Oxford street came across as a little cluttered, its hard shiny surfaces and bright lighting don't create a good illusion of space. The almost irregular arrangement of clothing racks makes it seem disorganized with no obvious correlation other than brand. However I cannot give this store a completely negative report, the use of natural flowers provided a nice contrast against the metallic surfaces, the clothing featured lots of interesting textures and designs. The theme was Shakespeare Refashioned, with the most beautiful window displays featuring scenes from Shakespearean plays re-enacted by mannequins. 

I liked the use of flowers for a more organic aesthetic, it contrasted nicely against the solid, sharp setting.

The window displays were quite possibly my favorite part, they were so well thought out and featured garments of a more catwalk style than what the store had in stock, with flamboyant head dresses and voluminous skirts.


This interesting pair caught my attention for being so rebellious to the surrounding garments, I found the texture fascinating as it showed creases and wear but still remained metallic and soft. I don't think I would wear either though, its a bit extravagant for my darker style.

I have a bit of an obsession with ruffles, especially big, expressive ruffles as featured on this gorgeous skirt, which I found myself quite attracted to, that is until I saw the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment